Thursday, October 1, 2015

Autumn Reads

Been super busy with a lot of things (not even going to list them because they'll make my head explode) BUT I wanted to celebrate the start of my favorite month with a short post about ALL THE BOOKS that I want to read. It's been a while since I've talked about books because I'm guilty of not reading as much as I should.... But I do tend to read more during the colder months for some odd reason, so here we go:





Books that are already out in the world (and that I'm most likely way behind on reading):

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Young Elites by Marie Lu
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Books I'm currently reading that I need to finish:

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Half Bad by Sally Green

Books that I'm rereading for editing the PitchWars manuscript purposes:

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Books that I'm eagerly awaiting:

Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski***


***Ugh!!! The release date for this book is so far away. I've rereading all books in The Winner's Crime trilogy, and I am now convinced that it is one of my all time favorite Young Adult series. Rutkoski is a master of tension, plot, romance, and character development--she executes all with such sophistication and beauty. I highly, highly recommend checking out the trilogy. Some might find it a bit slow at first, but that's part of its subtle beauty and also something that you will miss when the tension gets to be too much. Why did I ever think it would be a good idea to read book 2 before the release of book 3????***

Book that I recommend as a cozy read:
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

As you can see, I have a lot of fantasies on the list. I tend to get into the fantasy mood during fall/winter. Plus, there's a lot of good fantasy out there nowadays.

So those are my books! To be honest, I'm going to be so proud of myself if I can just read one book from each category because reading everything on this list is probably not realistic, given my current schedule. We can hope though!


Let me know what's on your TBR list! I'd love to here and get some more recommendations :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna add some of these to my growing pile!
    Study hard and write in between:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would realllllly love THE WINNER'S CRIME trilogy. Seriously, read it so that we can gush about it together. Then again, maybe don't start reading it until book 3 comes out in March because it's brutal.

      Delete