Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer and Books and Stuff


A few matters to disclose!

My summer vacation begins soon! Very soon, as in two days. I am beyond excited, because that means four things:

1. I will have unlimited time in the world to sleep.
2. I will have time to write more of my WIP.
3. I will have time to write non-WIP related stuff, too. Like, this blog. And tweet. Yes, I am miserably failing at twitter (AKA I tweet maybe once a week.)
4. I will have more time to read.

Essentially, I will have time. Who knew that time could be so valuable?

In addition to the usual stuff that goes on this blog (my writing process, my WIPs, my musings), I hope to do more posts on books. Summer is the best time to catch up on new titles of the year and reread the old favorites and I'd love to share with you some of my to-reads, my favorites, and my go-to list for inspiration.

Speaking of books, you're wondering about that nonfiction book on the Vietnam War that I was talking about, right? Well, turns out that we DON'T have to take notes on it, but I DO have a book review that I will post tomorrow right here and on Goodreads. Tiger Force by Michael Sallah and Mitch Weiss was eye-opening, informative, and gruesome. If you know about the My Lai Massacre that occurred during the war, then you might not be surprised. If not, I would brace yourself before reading this. It delivers what it promises--a story of men and war--but it also goes much deeper than that, digging into the psychology and platoon politics on the field. I do have some criticisms, but that will all be in the book review.

Do you usually have more time in the summer to do writing/reading related activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment