Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks


Before I go out last-minute food shopping and disappear beneath mounds and mounds of potatoes, I wanted to hit the pause button for a moment (PAUSE, Nanowrimo!) and take this fitting morning to say thanks.

Thank you, fanfiction readers (and I PROMISE that I will finished that 140k fic). Without you, I would have never realized that I could write a novel.

Thank you, Deviantart. Without you, I would have lost touch with my artsy peers and likewise lost my source of inspiration. 

Thank you, Suzanne Collins and Lauren Destefano. Without you, I would have never discovered the beauty of first person present POV. 



Thank you, Julia. Without you, I would have never found a kindred spirit with the same passion for writing, reading, and just plain gushing. I also would have never been motivated to start a blog. 

Thank you, Writeoncon participants and organizers. Without you, I would have never learned how to write a decent query letter.

Thank you, my alphas/betas/CPs (Deborah, Anne, Rivy, Jessie, Carissa, Ela, Mom).  Without you, my drafts would still be scattered on the dusty desktop of my laptop, never to see the light of day. 





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to read your awesome work:)
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for replying so late to this, but I'm so thankful to have you in my life as well. <3 Proud to be Team Joan!

    ReplyDelete