Friday, June 14, 2013

All These Feels

In the span of five minutes, I just finished Silver Linings Playbook for the first time and got a rejection on a full that I had some moderate hopes on. Now all these feels are twisting inside of me. SLP has got to be one of the most accurate portrayals of mental illness and letting go and finding love again that I've ever seen. And that rejection kind of made me down for a moment. Which reminded me of the reason why I usually don't place any expectations on queries or partials or fulls because it would be downright pointless to feel this way 40 times over.

The sting is fading now and I'm still basking in the awesomeness of the movie. It definitely deserved its Oscar. Now back to the query board for me :)

What movies have really touched you/changed your perspective on life? (Please answer! I'm trying to catch up on movies this summer :D)

3 comments:

  1. I feel you. Just got a full rejection, too. On the plus side, I've got a writer's conference coming up in two weeks! And movies are great. I just watched Iron Man 1 for the first time (I'm a little behind, I know).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahhh, I love Silver Linings Playbook! I'm sorry about your full. Those rejections are the hardest, because it's like, you were so close! SO CLOSE! But not quite there. Ugh. Best of luck as you continue to query, though! I have a lot of confidence that you're going to get an agent. :)

    If you're looking for movies similar to SLP, People Like Us is another great one, starring Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks. It's based on a true story, and absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how they did The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Now I need to re-read it since it's been awhile ...but it had ALL THE FEELS. Good luck on getting back on the query horse :)

    ReplyDelete