Sunday, October 11, 2015

An Update of Sorts

As I've mentioned before, I'm PACKED* this month. I haven't ever had to juggle so much. But while reflecting on the busyness, I actually find some things hilarious. So this is a quick snapshot of what's going on in my life.

*college counseling three kids who are applying to a bunch of 11/1 deadlines, participating in Pitchwars, the launch of Penn's peer counseling group (and of course, college, which almost feels deceptively insignificant at this point but really isn't...so much work)

On the food scene:

-I've consumed a lot of peanut butter sandwiches:



-And a lot of almonds:



-And a lot of coffee (by a lot I really mean my cup-a-day, but I was actually off coffee for a while before this month. Now I'm back to getting headaches when I don't drink it in the mornings!)

On the school scene:

-I'm done midterms! For like, a week and a half! And then I have round two of exams! Weee!!!

On the reading scene:

-*cue cricket chirps* I really need to read the MS for a CP before the month of October ends. So once I have reading time in my life again, that's the first thing I'm doing. 

-Does college-required reading count? Not really in my mind...

On the clothing scene:

-Comfy and easy to wash clothes all day, all night. Pajamas are my friend.

On the social scene:

- Me to the BF: Hey, read this. *shoves MS into his face*
BF: *reluctantly stops spectating a video game tournament* *reads* It's good.
Me: Pinpoint exactly what it is that is good. And tell me if its better than the original. It needs to be better than the original. I'm just not really sure if it is.
BF: Well...you know I like the original. Basically, I like everything you write. Everything is unicorns and rainbows. *eyes drift back to video game*
Me: *uses amazing detective skills and reads into that as a bad sign* Welp. Everything I write sucks. I hate revising. You're unhelpful. Goodbye.

-And literally, that's all I have going on socially. I have been interacting with a minimal number of human beings. 

How's October going for you?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joan!
    Send revised MS my way! I will squeeze a little time in this month and next for ya! I had a great editor on SE#2 and can look for little things to make your ms even better:)
    BTW...PB & pajamas ROCK!

    ReplyDelete